    could be designed.

    Regards,
    Jesper
    Jesper Sahner, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Jesper Sahner

    Rhino Guest

    "Jesper Sahner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I want to make a kind of inter-active "open-end" Java-session, where a
    > user can enter lines that are compiled and executed on the fly.
    >
    > This means that I need a running Java-session which can be stopped and
    > started, and furthermore it should be possible to compile and execute
    > the code dynamically as the user enters lines to the application.
    >
    > The basic functionality is somewhat similar to debugging, but the
    > dynamic compilation-part may be different, I think.
    >
    > I need a little inspiration on how such an "open-end" application
    > could be designed.

    What you're after already exists. It's called 'the command line'.

    You launch the editor of your choice from the command line, enter your code,
    and close the edit session. Then you type the command that compiles the
    program on your command line. Then, assuming the code compiled successfully,
    you execute your program from the command line.

    Rhino
    Rhino, Feb 1, 2005