Open file dialog in Web App ( C# )

grzybek

Hi all,
I have question, how is the best way in Web Applications
to create file dialog similar to window file dialog.
I need two panels in tree structure with local directories on Web client
and in second
panel data from SQL database in the same structure.
It will be use to copy file in both directions.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
grzybek

Chris Jackson

Unless you are using a WinForms conrol, the only way to post a file to a web
server is to use an <input type='file'> element - otherwise, you don't have
permissions to access the local file system. For the trip back, the best you
can do is to post links to the files you want to allow downloading of, which
will also be subject to security settings which allow the user to determine
whether they want to save or open the file.

grzybek

U¿ytkownik "Chris Jackson said:
Unless you are using a WinForms conrol, the only way to post a file to a web
server is to use an <input type='file'> element - otherwise, you don't have
permissions to access the local file system. For the trip back, the best you
can do is to post links to the files you want to allow downloading of, which
will also be subject to security settings which allow the user to determine
whether they want to save or open the file.

And what about ActiveX control ?

Regards,
grzybek