    Anyone know how I can do this in Perl?

    Thanks

    TB

    Todd, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Todd

    Todd Guest

    (Todd) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am looking for ideas on how I could create something to change a
    > file's name each time the link is selected, from a web page.
    >
    > The format I am looking for is:
    >
    > 040700001
    >
    > Where 04 is the year, 07 is the month and the last 4 are to be
    > incremented +1 each time the link is clicked.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can do this in Perl?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > TB

    Ok, I got the a program to name a file in the syntax I state above.
    However, I do not know how I can make this happen from a web page
    selection? I need the program to open a template .xlt, do my rename
    program, and allow the user to save the file locally.

    I have no clue how I can make this thing work from a web page. Using
    a form of somehow, but any help on the coding would be appreciated!

    Todd, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Todd

    Joe Smith Guest

    Todd wrote:

    > Ok, I got the a program to name a file in the syntax I state above.
    > However, I do not know how I can make this happen from a web page
    > selection? I need the program to open a template .xlt, do my rename
    > program, and allow the user to save the file locally.

    There is no need to rename the file on your server.
    With the appropriate MIME headers, you can give the browser a
    hint as to what name should be used when saving the file.

    This is a MIME or HTTP or HTML question, not a perl problem.
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Jul 22, 2004