    Can I modify .html page so that it opens a file immediately "onload",
    without link like <a href... etc? (similar to page where the only code is
    img src...).

    salonowiec, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Scripsit salonowiec:

    > Can I modify .html page so that it opens a file immediately "onload",
    > without link like <a href... etc? (similar to page where the only
    > code is img src...).

    these are unreliable and would at least require a link as a fallback to be
    minimally reliable.

    But why would you do that? I'm fairly sure that the original problem is much
    easier to solve than the problems you would create by using any of such
    "solutions".

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 29, 2007

  3. salonowiec

    salonowiec Guest

    And you are right! My problem is to rename the file to .php and to put some
    small php code at the beginning so as the page would be available for a
    group of users only. Thanks for attention and asking for further tip...

    Uzytkownik "Jukka K. Korpela" <> napisal w wiadomosci

    salonowiec, Aug 29, 2007
  4. salonowiec

    Art Guest

    salonowiec,
    PHP is a pre-processor service that is executed on the web server that
    supports your site, not in the browsers. So all of your visitors would
    be covered if PHP is enabled on your web server, regardless of the
    browser or host.

    I use "php includes" for my common masthead/navigation bar, footers,
    etc. After the server has processed the php file, these statements are
    removed and replaced by the contents of the included files and delivered
    to the browser for rendering. You can see this by doing a "view source"
    in your browser after the page has loaded.

    I normally include comment wrappers in the included files or around the
    "include" statements for ease of debugging.

    Art

    Art, Aug 29, 2007