Open folder in Windows Explorer?

Henrootje

Probably a simple question to most of you but I have been googling,
searching, trying, reading, swearing and cursing for two hours
now..............

Can I (and if yes, how) open a folder on my computer from a html?

I have a CD that has a folder /texts.
I would like a link to that folder so that it opens in Explorer so that
I can copy files from it.
I can get it to open in a kind of webpage but then I can only click one
file at a time. If I were to be able to open that folder with explorer
I would be able to select multipleof those documents and copy them to
my harddrive.

It sounds so simple but how do I do this?????

ironcorona

Henrootje said:
Probably a simple question to most of you but I have been googling,
searching, trying, reading, swearing and cursing for two hours
now..............

Can I (and if yes, how) open a folder on my computer from a html?

I have a CD that has a folder /texts.
I would like a link to that folder so that it opens in Explorer so that
I can copy files from it.
I can get it to open in a kind of webpage but then I can only click one
file at a time. If I were to be able to open that folder with explorer
I would be able to select multipleof those documents and copy them to
my harddrive.

Asked and answered in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

Henrootje

Thank you Brian, I also responded there.
Now I realise how multiposting can be very annoying; if I ask a
question in two groups, it gets answered in another one then ppl in the
first group, maybe needing that same answer, wil never find the
answer.... :$ Sorry.