    opening the window using target is fine but i want to restrict the size and
    iff possible not havetoobars (however that is not as important

    any idea's would be great

    chris, Aug 16, 2004

  2. chris

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:17:59 +0800, chris <> declared in
    alt.html,alt.html.tags:

    > what i want to do is using a form when the submit button is pressed it opens
    > a new window with the size set to predetimined dimensions

    You could possibly set up a macro or something, but I can't imagine it
    would be easy. Much easier to just open the new window manually. You
    could possibly add a bookmark with the Javascript info to set the window
    size etc (assuming you have Javascript enabled), though I haven't ever
    tried.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Aug 16, 2004

  3. chris

    Somchai U. Guest

    I propose two methods for this question.

    1. use the target="..." as usual in <form>. And the html code in
    result page includes the javascript code to resive itself.

    2. use the target="..." as usual in <form>, add code to onsubmi
    eventt. The code is to open the new window (with the name and size you
    want) just before the form is submitted.

    Somchai U.
    Brainbench MVP for HTML
    http://www.brainbench.com/

    Somchai U., Aug 16, 2004