Open letter to Mr Thompson

Herbert Rosenau

I have to ask, yet again, why people keep feeding this troll. Is there
really value added to the newsgroup with these constant flamewars with
Mr. Navia?

The best one can do is to blacklist jacob navia as there will be never
some content from him as at best spamming for his properitary producut
that is not even free as he claimed that were.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

Tech07

Richard said:
There is, in any case, no obvious widespread agreement over what,
precisely, must be done to change C.

They'll put it in your coffin with you when you go? It's your teddybear,
what?
Many of us like it pretty much the way it is.

Nobody wants to change C. Everyone wants a better language, and they ARE
under development. BUT (!), if you can't understand the concept of
versioning, well, you're not propogandizin' any yute, so stop hyp-mo-tizin'
yerself.
Those who want a radically different language are most
welcome to design their own,

They/we are.
but giving it a different name would
help to avoid confusion.

Like anyone would want the negative connotation of 'C' in a new language!
Are ya hip?
Bjarne Stroustrup understood this.

And many more things (he's a rocket scientist, duh). But a lot of critical
things have been learned since then. To me, C and C++ are relics. I just
wish I had another lifetime (or 10, cuz things are repressed to a snail's
pace). I'd rather flip hamburgers than be forced to write C/C++ code. (And
some wonder why engineering enrollment is dwindling?).

Computer programming languages are akin to proprietary rocketships to Mars.
If you are the type to take balloons into innerspace, you may want to
program in C or C++! All aboard the Virginal Titanic: space "flights" for
$250k. ... OK, wrong analogy... Oh, I know: All aboard steam-powered
riverboat, all original as the first steamboat! (For the unknowing, some of
the worst meritime disasters were the dangerous steamboats. The American
Society of Mechanical Engineers have roots in solving the problem of
exploding boilers (yes, steam and heat and stuff is mechanical
engineering)).

So, anyone wanna take a ride on a historic steamboat that is 100% original?
Not me.

(Hey, I could have reached for the "C/C++: is a condom enough protection?"
thrust (maybe if babies are you concern rather than STDs!)).

When I'm bad, I think I may be good. (The creativity has to go somewhere!
Entropy.)

Chris McDonald

Tech07 said:
None of that is relevant. Can you say Tabloidism? (I won't say the worse
thing).

Can you say troll?

Those websites are reporting facts collated by others.
Can prove that Engineering and CS enrolments in both
Western and Eastern hemispheres are falling?

Tech07

Chris said:
Can you say troll?

Those websites are reporting facts collated by others.

Hmm. Oh, well, yeah, then,. I believe THAT! Hello! _I_ of course, if you
haven't noticed, don't believe "everything I read".

Propoganda.

cognacc

Hmm. Oh, well, yeah, then,. I believe THAT! Hello! _I_ of course, if you
haven't noticed, don't believe "everything I read".

Propoganda.

and paranoia goes hand in hand, apparently.

Tech07

cognacc said:
and paranoia goes hand in hand, apparently.

Wrong "analysis": I am not a sheeple. "Hello!". I "said". Pfft. No, you are
wrong, I have "evidence" (see your "local" gestapo for the definition of
"evidence").

Tech07

Richard said:
Please don't try to confuse the guy with facts. He's not here for
facts. I'm not sure why he /is/ here, but knowledge doesn't appear to
be part of his motivation.

"We're just trying to figure out what you are doing".