    clock. *If your wondering, no i cant just go get a radio, i dont get
    that station where i am at*
    Much thanks for any help!:)
    Erik Boling, Aug 9, 2007

  2. Erik Boling

    Roger Pack Guest

    look up open-uri

    Roger Pack, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Erik Boling

    Erik Boling Guest

    Roger Pack wrote:
    > look up open-uri

    Well i have tried looking that up on google, and other different key
    words, but still i cant get what i'm looking for. It's all talking about
    reading from the web page and putting into to hashes and what not. I
    just want to open the web page.
    I tried doing,
    require 'open-uri'
    open('http://kexp.org/audio/kexp.wmx')
    this is what i thought you should do, but all the sites have all
    this other fancy code in there so i'm not sure?
    if you type this in on address bar it works
    but nothing happens when i try and write it like that:(?
    Any more suggestions?
    Erik Boling, Aug 9, 2007
  4. Erik Boling

    Erik Boling Guest

    Prime wrote:
    > I think if I understand you correctly you just want to open the link in
    > a browser instance?
    > if you are on windows you might want to check this out:

    I'm not sure if I'm totally lost on how to install the gem watir? I
    download the gem, but then to you have to install it i guess in cmd from
    what I'm reading online. so i save the watir.gem in "c" drive and type
    in on cmd
    C:\>gem install watir
    but i get this message saying that gem is not a recognizable command?
    what am i doing wrong?
    On a side note, i don't have a very clear idea of what ruby gems is
    *exactly* does any one know of any good sites to explain what it all is?
    Erik Boling, Aug 10, 2007
  5. Erik Boling

    Erik Boling Guest

    Erik Boling, Aug 10, 2007