    useless??

    Thanks!
    Yuri

    Yuri Vorontsov, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Yuri Vorontsov

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Yuri Vorontsov said:

    > Hallo!

    g'day

    > We have troubles

    i know

    What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
    http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004

  3. On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:15:37 +1000, brucie <> wrote:

    >What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
    >http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

    Only three groups. I am sorry for crossposting.

    Gr,
    Yuri

    Yuri Vorontsov, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Yuri Vorontsov enlightened us with:
    > Only three groups. I am sorry for crossposting.

    You are _NOT_ crossposting.

    Read http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html before posting again.

    You are multiposting, which means you post a separate message to each
    newsgroup. There is no way for someone trying to answer your question,
    to see if it has already been answered by someone else. Thus, you ask
    for my time, you ask me to put in effort to answer your question, but
    it might be all for nothing because you might already have your
    answer. That is concidered insulting.

    Futhermore, someone might have the same question as you do. There is
    no way for that person to find the answer, if it were to be posted in
    one of the other groups you posted to.

    Next time, post your question to one newsgroup. If you can't get a
    decent answer in a day or two, try the next one. If you really,
    really, really want to post to multiple newsgroups, crosspost to them.

    Crossposting means putting all groups you want to post to on a single
    line - that way everybody can see to which groups the post went. Do
    not post to more than four newsgroups - that's never good. I won't
    even see your post if you do that. Also, always set up a
    'Followup-To:' header, to make sure all replies go to the same
    newsgroup. If you don't know how to do that, post to a single group
    instead.

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Thanks Sybren,

    That is correct. I posted a question in one group and did not get any answer.
    Some time later (check the header ;) I posted in two other groups. I already said 'sorry' twice.
    Until now - two replies on multiposting, one advice to use Firefox because it is a better browser
    and we all know it but no suggestions how to deal with the issue.
    Shall we return to the original topic? Thanx in advance!
    Gr.

    Yuri

    Yuri Vorontsov, Nov 17, 2004
  6. The problem is solved. The solution is well described here:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2004/08/20/218123.aspx

    Thanks to everyone who answered.

    Gr.
    Yuri