    works on Netscape 7+ (Mozilla) as well would be better

    Regards
    /Hans
    Hans, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Test for media file playback on MZ

    With a "standard" Mozilla install on Win XP how can I detect whether or
    not MZ can play/display a specific media file type, for example WMA and
    WMV files?

    Andrew Poulos
    Andrew Poulos, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Hans

    Hans Guest

    Re: Test for media file playback on MZ

    "Andrew Poulos" <> wrote in message
    > With a "standard" Mozilla install on Win XP how can I detect whether or
    > not MZ can play/display a specific media file type, for example WMA and
    > WMV files?

    I guess this should be in a new thread?

    /Hans
    Hans, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Re: Test for media file playback on MZ

    Hans wrote:
    > "Andrew Poulos" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>With a "standard" Mozilla install on Win XP how can I detect whether or
    >>not MZ can play/display a specific media file type, for example WMA and
    >>WMV files?

    > I guess this should be in a new thread?

    I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about.

    Andrew Poulos
    Andrew Poulos, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Hans

    Hans Guest

    Re: Test for media file playback on MZ

    If my Outlook Express has not gone crazy you have added your question about
    "Test for media file..." as an answer to my question "Open mail and attache
    document". I guess what you wanted is to create a new question?

    I don't know which newsreader you are using but if you use OE you may have
    clicked the "Reply group" when you entered your question instead of "New
    Post"?

    Regards
    /Hans
    Hans, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Re: Test for media file playback on MZ

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:01:22 +1100, Andrew Poulos <>
    wrote:

    > Hans wrote:
    >
    >> "Andrew Poulos" <> wrote in message

    [off-topic reply]

    >> I guess this should be in a new thread?

    > I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about.

    You replied to Hans' post, rather than starting your own thread.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Nov 11, 2004
  7. Hans

    Randy Webb Guest

    Hans wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I don't think this is possible but I have a report that is created in XML
    > and transformed to html using XSL. Is it possible to add a link in this
    > report that will mail itself (the report as an attachment)?

    No. And thats assuming that you even manage to open an email window.

    > I can add text in the subject line and the body but I cannot attache
    > the report itself.

    While it may indeed "work" on your computer, I promise your mailto:
    doesn't work on mine. Nor does it work for anybody that either uses
    web-based email or does not have an email client associated with the
    browser.

    > If it is not possible to attache the report is it possible to "steal" the
    > entire html from the report and insert that into the body of the email (I
    > guess this is limited in length since I am using the mailto and add the
    > subject and body on the querystring and the querystring is limited in
    > length)?

    Use a form, put the contents of the report in a textarea, submit the
    form. Let the server send the mail.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Nov 11, 2004
  8. Hans

    Hans Guest

    Hi Randy!
    > No. And thats assuming that you even manage to open an email window.

    That will not be a problem. This is not a public site it is an inhouse where
    all have Outlook installed as the main mailclient.

    > > I can add text in the subject line and the body but I cannot attache
    > > the report itself.

    > While it may indeed "work" on your computer, I promise your mailto:
    > doesn't work on mine. Nor does it work for anybody that either uses
    > web-based email or does not have an email client associated with the
    > browser.

    I agree that a server side solution would be better in a solution that
    should be placed public but in my case this is not an issue. To send the
    message from the server may be an alternative anyway if there is no way of
    attaching the report client side. I just wanted to now if there exist a way
    of doing it client side since everything is working now except the
    attachment of the report to the mail. No need to create server side code if
    there exist a client side way of solving the issue, but if this is not
    possible a server side solution may be the way to go. I did not expect to
    find a client side solution but if there exist one I thought I would get an
    answer here.

    Regards
    /Hans
    Hans, Nov 15, 2004