    bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

    Thanks!

    jim

    James M. Haberman, Jan 10, 2005

  2. James M. Haberman

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "James M. Haberman" <> wrote:

    >I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
    >convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site. How do I force these
    >HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible tool
    >bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

    Press F11 (or whatever the equivalent is in your browser) when you
    start the presentation.

    Opera has a nice feature called OperaShow which is designed for things
    like this.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without the user
    manually doing so?

    James M. Haberman, Jan 10, 2005
  4. James M. Haberman

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "James M. Haberman" <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without the user
    >manually doing so?

    Please don't top post.

    You can't 'force' anything on the www.

    You can use JavaScript to try and launch a new window full screen but
    SP2 for Win XP has placed some additional limits on how much can be
    done here (e.g. much harder to hide the title bar than it was before).
    And if the user doesn't have JavaScript enabled then you're out of
    luck.

    It's much friendlier to trust the user and let them open your
    presentation full screen if they think it deserves it.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 10, 2005
  5. James M. Haberman wrote:
    > Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without

    the user
    > manually doing so?

    Short answer = No

    Long answer = Yes, google "popup window" but it will _not_ work on
    everyone's machine. It works better when you can control the viewers
    machine settings (or have access to how they are set up) like on an
    intranet.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jan 10, 2005
  6. James M. Haberman

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "James M. Haberman" <>
    said:

    > I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
    > convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site.

    Yucky.

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_do_I_force

    > these
    > HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible tool
    > bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

    As Steve has said, that option should only ever be up to the user. In
    this case the sites will only ever be usable for users using IE with its
    factory default settings (except XP SP2 as Steve mentioned), so it would
    be easy to do. But that still doesn't mean you should.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 10, 2005