open new link with applet

Bernd Boehm

Heya,
I have an Applet which displays images. By clicking the "next" Button
I'd like the applet to show the next image. The image is chosen by a PHP
script from a MySQL DB(name, index, and a third value). At the minute I
use this PHP to start the applet (with an initial index of "1" for the
first image). With the next button I just call the same script again
(with new index). But no new images is displayed.
Is this because of security reasons? Is there any workaraound (I don't
necessarily wanna open a NEW window but refresh the old one)
Or can I pass data from a PHP in a running applet?
Cheers Bernd

Andrew Thompson

What language is that?
I have an Applet ..
URL?

..which displays images. ....
But no new images is displayed.

In what? What is your browser? Make and version, please.

While you are at it, answer this. (Java make and version)
Is this because of security reasons?

Difficult to say without further information,
particularly the URL.