Open new window in codebehind and add the window handle to javascript array

RJN

Hi

In the mainscreen I have a datagrid and from here I open new windows on
click of link button. And I'm doing it through RegisterStartupScript

Me.RegisterStartupScript("PopUp", _
"<script language='JavaScript'> " & _
"var winOp = window.open('MyScreen.aspx', 'test');" + _
"if (winOp != null) winOp.focus();" + _
"</script>")

I want to keep track of the windows that are opened and add the window
handles to a javascript array whenever a new window is opened in the
codebehind. In the .aspx page I should be able to access this array.

var winArray = new Array;// populated in .aspx.vb
function test()
{
for(i=0;i<winArray.length;++i)
alert(winArray.name);
}

Is there a way to do this?Can this be done through
Page.RegisterArrayDeclaration?

Thanks

rjn

Patrik Löwendahl [C# MVP]

Since the window isn't opened until the response is renedered on the client,
you can't get hold of that handle on the server side.

Add JavaScript code to add the window handle to the array on the client side
when the window is opened instead.