Open new with new session

Guest

I am trying to spawn a new window (using window.open) when a button is clicked. However, the session data is also transferred to the new page. I want no session data transferred. How can I stop this from happening
Thanks!

Mark Fitzpatrick

The only time you'll actually get a new session is when a new IE browser is
launched on the computer. Launching through window.open basically launches a
child instance and will be part of the same session.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Patrick said:
I am trying to spawn a new window (using window.open) when a button is
clicked. However, the session data is also transferred to the new page. I
want no session data transferred. How can I stop this from happening?

Hans Kesting

Patrick said:
I am trying to spawn a new window (using window.open) when a button is
clicked. However, the session data is also transferred to the new page. I
want no session data transferred. How can I stop this from happening?

Some notes:
* the session data is "available", not "transferred" or "copied" (no extra
memory)
* the session data is only available on the server, it is not copied to the
browser
(no security or bandwidth problems there)
* you could always ignore the session (it is *your* application)
* it is possible to set the (entire) application to "sessionless"
* maybe you can solve some concerns by using ViewState to store some data
(but watch out for the limitations)

Why is it a problem that you can access the same session data?

Hans Kesting

Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
You were able to resolve it? This is exact problem I'm facing.

If someone logs into my application, i want to allow him to see application for his subordinates as well, and then I do not want his existing session to be effected. Please let me know how can we start a new session with window.open or anyother way without destroying the previous session.

(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)

Mark Fitzpatrick said:
The only time you'll actually get a new session is when a new IE browser is
launched on the computer. Launching through window.open basically launches a
child instance and will be part of the same session.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

news:[email protected]...