Open newly created HTML page in new window?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mcmwhite@hotmail.com, May 31, 2006.

    Does anyone know how I can open a newly-created HTML page
    in a new window, using ASP.NET?

    Eg. I have an ASP.NET page which creates some new HTML, based
    on what the user has entered into a textbox. The ASP page
    has a textbox (txtYourName) and a button. Clicking the button
    will run this piece of code:

    Page.aspx
    ---------

    Response.Write("<b>Hello there " & txtYourName.Text & ", how are
    you?</b>")

    But I want this HTML to appear in a new browser window (like a pop-up
    window),
    rather than in the original page. I also want the original page to
    remain
    in the "old" window.

    Is this possible?

    Thanks,

    Mark.

    , May 31, 2006

  2. Have a look at this, seems to do everything you need

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/asppopup.asp

    --
    Regards

    John Timney