Open PDF in new window

Paul Eaton

Hi

I am developing my first asp appication (vbscript). I am storing
cheques scans (in pdf format) in the file system along with the db on
the server.

The following code is working without problem except that:-

I want to display the scan/pdf in a new window and keep the current
window at the current position within the application.

Thanks in advance if you can spare the time to show me the best way to
do this.

Paul

(peaton at franklin templeton d.o.t com (with no _))

<%@ Language="VBScript" %>
<% Option Explicit %>
<% response.buffer = true %>
<%
'On Error Resume Next
Const adTypeBinary = 1
Dim strFilePath

Dim RecID
Dim ImagePath
Dim strSecLevel
Dim strSecSubLevel
Dim objStream

ImagePath="e:\IncomingChequesScans\"
strSecLevel=session("seclevel")
strSecSubLevel=session("secsublevel")
RecID=Request.QueryString("id")

'Set the content type to the specific type that you are sending.
Response.ContentType = "seclevel/pdf"

strFilePath = ImagePath & RecID & ".pdf" 'This is the path to the file
on disk.

Set objStream = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
objStream.Open
objStream.Type = adTypeBinary
objStream.LoadFromFile strFilePath

Response.BinaryWrite objStream.Read

objStream.Close
Set objStream = Nothing
%>

Stuart Palmer

I guess you are clicking on something to pop this up? in that case, on this
link add the target="_Blank" line and javascript window.open call.

As ASP is server side, it can not open a new browser window on your users
machine.

Stuart Palmer

Tom B

Add a target to your link on the first page

OR, use the javascript window.open to specify formatting options

<script language=Javascript>
function OpenCheque(chequeNum)
{
window.open('GetCheque.asp?RecID=' + chequeNum,'newwin','height=200,
width=500, top=200, left=200');
}
</script>

TomB

Paul Eaton

Thankyou for the responses

I have used the window.open version in a JScript function
'ViewImage':-

<input type=button value="View Image" name=Image1
onClick="ViewImage('<% =RecID %>')">

As I don't think I can put a 'target'in:-

<input type=button value="View Image" name=Image1
onClick="location.href='../GCS/GCSImageView.asp?id=<% =RecID
%>&mode=view'">

Regards
Paul

Evertjan.

Paul Eaton wrote on 09 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
<input type=button value="View Image" name=Image1
onClick="location.href='../GCS/GCSImageView.asp?id=<% =RecID
%>&mode=view'">

<input type=button value="View Image"
onClick=
"window.open('../GCS/GCxxx.asp?id=<%=RecID%>&mode=view')">