open powerpoint slide file in JSP

cschang

I included a PPS file as a hyperlink in the jsp file that was
developed in Weblogic 8.1.4 on Windows 2000 platform. However, when I
clicked the file, it opened it with strange characters file contents.
The same file opened correctly under ASP format as a same hyperlink
file. I have never need to specify filetype in ASP. Search couple
hours on Web, could not find any clue, not even a topic talked about
similar subject. Can anyone help? Thanks.
The jsp content look like this:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="netui-tags-databinding.tld" prefix="netui-data"%>
<%@ taglib uri="netui-tags-html.tld" prefix="netui"%>
<%@ taglib uri="netui-tags-template.tld" prefix="netui-template"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html"
prefix="html" %>
<script src="./resources/javascript/Utilities.js">
</script>
<netui-template:template templatePage="./resources/jsp/tmplFront.jsp">
<netui-template:section name="navBar">
<jsp:include page="resources/jsp/navBar.jsp"/>
</netui-template:section>
<netui-template:section name="mainContent">
background="/RayEMALLWeb/resources/images/bk_section_header.jpg"
valign="bottom" nowrap width="100%">
<netui:label value=" Pressroom"
styleClass="labelMenuSectionHeader"/>
makeRemote('./resources/doc/REGITER01.PPS')">full story...</a>
C Chang

Gerald Hubmaier

cschang said:
I included a PPS file as a hyperlink in the jsp file that was
developed in Weblogic 8.1.4 on Windows 2000 platform. However, when I
clicked the file, it opened it with strange characters file contents.
The same file opened correctly under ASP format as a same hyperlink
file. I have never need to specify filetype in ASP. Search couple
hours on Web, could not find any clue, not even a topic talked about
similar subject. Can anyone help? Thanks.
The jsp content look like this:
I don't think this is a JSP-related Problem. You have to define
the correct MIME-type for .pps-files in the application server. If
the .pps is contained in a war-file you can define it in the
WEB.XML file.

eg.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>pps</extension>
<mime-type>application/mspowerpoint</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
</web-app>