open source C/C++ program doing FPU calculations

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by kot.behemotspam@gmail.com, Jan 19, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I have a problem and two questions about it.
    Problem: I have to find any open source C/C++ program doing FPU
    calculations, compile the most used functions of it into asm and
    optimize the FPU operations there.

    Question 1: I've found a codec wav-pack (http://www.wavpack.com/) that
    reportedly does some FPU calculations. I compiled it and run uder
    Ubuntu. It worked. The problem is that I have no idea how to
    substitute some of its files writen in C with files in ASM. When I
    switched the extra1.c file with extra1.s ASM file and changed all
    references to this file in makefiles and in compile.sh, it still
    didn't compile. Error msg said that some .tpo file cannot be found
    (it's all probably because automaticly generated makefiles use some
    libtool program while compiling). I have no further ideas. Any ways to
    solve it?

    Question 2: Maybe I should find another program with simple easy-
    editable makefile, not one automaticly generated by ./configure? Could
    you suggest any FPU stressing simple program? I've been digging in
    sourceforge.net for qite long without any satisfactory results....
    , Jan 19, 2008