    ParseTree is a little brown stinky ferret that digs down a hole and
    violently rips the AST away from the warm bosom of ruby. In other
    words, we cheat, they don't.

    pat eyler, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Hello,

    pat eyler <> wrote:
    > more info at:
    > http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/6599
    > (includes a link to the home page (in Japanese) and a google translation of it)
    >
    > The odd think is that I didn't see anything about Ruby. :(

    I guess Open Source Japan, Ltd. is a company that try to give
    open source solution in enterprize business area. Zend Japan
    and Zope Japan are in Open Source Japan group.

    Unfortunately, Ruby is not yet used so much in this area in Japan.

    But Open Source Realize Forum is not first Open Source Conference
    in Japan.

    Last year, Open Source Conference 2004(OSC2004) was held in Japan
    (not Oreilly's one). The event is community-driven and many user
    groups in Japan (Fedora, Firebird, Jabber/stone, some LUG, Open Office,
    Plamo, Plone, Squeak, TOSA, XOOPS, KNOPPIX, Apache, MySQL, NetBSD, PHP
    PostgreSQL, Samba, vi, webmin, Zope, Mozzila, and of cource, Ruby :).
    Sponsors of it are Apple, Sun, NTT Comware and other companies
    (developers and publishers).

    # I heard that Zend Japan think only solution business and providing
    # his (commercial) products, and it doesn't seems to want to
    # support opensource _community_ and community-driven events. sigh.

    In this year, Open Source Conference 2005(OSC2005) will
    be held on March 25-26. We, Nihon Ruby no Kai (Japan Ruby Group)
    have one seminar. We will talk about Rails and YARV.

    Regards,

    Masayoshi 'Maki' Takahashi E-mail:

    Masayoshi Takahashi, Mar 5, 2005