Open Source Content Management Tool

Srini

What are the best or popular "open source" content management systems
for Java/J2EE environment?
Jahia is one of them that I am thinking off..any pointers?? but Joomla
also in my mind but it is in PHP.

Thomas Kellerer

Srini, 04.08.2008 17:56:
What are the best or popular "open source" content management systems
for Java/J2EE environment?
Jahia is one of them that I am thinking off..any pointers?? but Joomla
also in my mind but it is in PHP.

Did you have a look at Alfresco (www.alfresco.com) and OpenCMS (www.opencms.org)?
As a lightweight CMS (no database required) you might want to have a look at OpenEdit (www.openedit.org) as well.

Regards
Thomas

Srini

Srini, 04.08.2008 17:56:

Did you have a look at Alfresco (www.alfresco.com) and OpenCMS (www.opencms.org)?
As a lightweight CMS (no database required) you might want to have a look at OpenEdit (www.openedit.org) as well.

Regards
Thomas

Yes.. I am looking for one of the best...where this can provide
functionality pretty much as commercial software...Stellent, IBM CMS,
Documentum, etc..

I am not looking for light weight ones..

Arne Vajhøj

Srini said:
Yes.. I am looking for one of the best...where this can provide
functionality pretty much as commercial software...Stellent, IBM CMS,
Documentum, etc..

I am not looking for light weight ones..

Alfresco is directly competing with the commercial high end solutions.

Arne

Srini

Alfrescois directly competing with the commercial high end solutions.

Arne- Hide quoted text -

I am going to look into Alfresco...Thank you Thomas and Arne for your
valuable input.

Abhijat Vatsyayan

Srini said:
What are the best or popular "open source" content management systems
for Java/J2EE environment?
Jahia is one of them that I am thinking off..any pointers?? but Joomla
also in my mind but it is in PHP.
Also look up JBoss and Loferay portals.

Arne Vajhøj

Abhijat said:
Also look up JBoss and Loferay portals.

Liferay is a great Portal. But it is not a CMS system.

I believe that it comes with a toy CMS, but I don't think
that will meet posters requirements.

It is possible to integrate Alfresco with LifeRay though
and get the best of two worlds: first class portal and first
class CMS.

With some work. :)

Arne