Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane - Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Python' started by Richard Jones, Jun 16, 2007.

  1. Call for Papers
    Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane Australia
    "Success in Development & Business"

    OSDC is an Australian grass-roots conference providing Open Source
    developers with an opportunity to meet, share, learn, and of course
    show-off. OSDC focuses on Open Source developers building solutions
    directly for customers and other end users, anything goes as long as
    the code or the development platform is Open Source. Last year's
    conference attracted over 180 people, 60 talks, and 6 tutorials.
    Entry for delegates is kept easy by maintaining a low registration
    fee (approx $300), which always includes the conference dinner.

    This year OSDC will be held in Brisbane (Australia) from the 26th to
    the 29th of November, with an extra dedicated stream for
    presentations on Open Source business development, case studies,
    software process, and project management. The theme for this year's
    conference is "Success in Development & Business". If you are an Open
    Source maintainer, developer or user we would encourage you to submit
    a talk proposal on the open-source tools, solutions, technologies, or
    languages you are working with.

    Previous years have included numerous talks on topics such as:

    - FOSS Software Development Tools, Software Process and
    Project Management
    - Languages/Platforms: C/C++, Java, C#/Mono/OSS.Net
    - Scripting: Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
    - Databases
    - Education
    - Web Technologies
    - Emerging Technologies and Innovation

    For more details and to submit your proposal(s), see
    http://osdc.com.au/papers/cfp.html

    If you have any questions or require assistance with your submission,
    please don't hesitate to ask!

    We recognise the increasing importance of Open Source in providing a
    medium for collaboration between individuals, researchers, business
    and government. In recognition of this, we offer optional peer-
    review for those members of our community who desire it. We are
    still finalising our review board, in addition to which those
    requesting peer-review will be asked to contribute reviews for up to
    three papers.

    OSDC 2007 Brisbane (Australia) - Key Program Dates:

    30 Jun - Initial proposals (short abstract) due
    31 Jul - Proposal acceptance
    31 Aug - Submission deadline
    15 Sep - Peer-review response (optional)
    30 Sep - Final version for proceedings

    26 Nov - OSDC 2007 Tutorials
    27-29 Nov - OSDC 2007 Main Conference!

    For all information, contacts and updates, see the OSDC conference
    web site at http://osdc.com.au/

    We gratefully acknowledge the following companies for their early
    commitment in sponsoring OSDC 2007:
    - Apress (http://apress.com/)
    - Common Ground (http://commongroundgroup.com/)
    - Google (http://google.com.au/)