Open Source Java Chat

ahmed232420081234

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for java chat (open source ) ...............

ahmed232420081234

Thanks for all the replays ,

Hi Sabine Dinis Blochberger,

Openfire and spark seems to be very great chat applications but I have
downloaded them and i did not get any java source code in both of
them ?????

Hi Roedy Green ,

I have downloaded JXTA , I have found the java files , am now testing
the whole application , giving u full feedback later.................

Lew

ahmed232420081234 said:
Thanks for all the replays ,

Once is sufficient to post your message.
Openfire and spark seems to be very great chat applications but I have
downloaded them and i did not get any java [sic] source code in both of
them ?????

You sure have plenty of question marks there, don't'cha?
I have downloaded JXTA , I have found the java [sic] files , am now testing
the whole application , giving u [sic] full feedback later.................

You sure have plenty of periods there, don't'cha?

To answer your original question:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+chat+open+source>

ahmed232420081234

Thanks Lew for your reply ,

I know that am a beginner but by the way i have searched for that it
in the net before posting this question , and i have found some of
them like chipcat,ychat ,atalk-server chat but most of them are with
limited features that is why i have posted this question........

ahmed232420081234 said:
Thanks for all the replays ,

Once is sufficient to post your message.
Openfire and spark seems to be very great chat applications but I have
downloaded them and i did not get any java [sic] source code in both of
them ?????

You sure have plenty of question marks there, don't'cha?
I have downloaded JXTA , I have found the java [sic] files , am now testing
the whole application , giving u [sic] full feedback later..................

You sure have plenty of periods there, don't'cha?

To answer your original question:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+chat+open+source>

Lew

ahmed232420081234 said:
Thanks Lew for your reply ,

Please do not top-post.
... by the way i [sic] have searched for that it
in the net  before posting this question , and i have found some of
them like chipcat,ychat ,atalk-server chat but most of them are with
limited features that is why i have posted this question........
Openfire and spark seems to be very great chat applications but I have
downloaded them and i did not get any java [sic] source code in both of
them ?????

I've used Openfire and it worked pretty well. The source code is
available from their source link on their website:
<http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/source.jsp>

I simply navigated to their download page and the source link is right
there.

ahmed232420081234

Hi Lew,

Thanks a lot for your reply, i have download them , your last post
very very useful for me ,

now i want to know the the over all structure of the openfire , its
features , components , its flow , i have seen their documentation but
it was something related to installation guide , database installation
guide,protocol support ....etc.

i have tried to search in the net for some book , i have found a book
which is "Openfire Administration: A practical step-by-step guide to
rolling out a secure Instant Messaging service over your network
(Paperback) by Mayank Sharma (Author)"

http://www.amazon.com/Openfire-Administration-practical-step-step/dp/1847195261

but i was unable to get a free copy from it ....

my question is there any pdf , book or documentation in which it
explains the openfire features,flow , components.....etc

Thanking you in advance.......

John B. Matthews

ahmed232420081234 said:
now i want to know the the over all structure of the openfire , its
features , components , its flow , i have seen their documentation
but it was something related to installation guide , database
installation guide,protocol support ....etc.

i have tried to search in the net for some book , i have found a book
which is "Openfire Administration: A practical step-by-step guide to
rolling out a secure Instant Messaging service over your network
(Paperback) by Mayank Sharma (Author)"
http://www.amazon.com/Openfire-Administration-practical-step-step/dp/1847195261

but i was unable to get a free copy from it ....

Well, the title and free Table of Contents suggests a focus on
deployment rather than development.
my question is there any pdf , book or documentation in which it
explains the openfire features,flow , components.....etc

You're going to have to Google around a bit, but the Developer
Documentation wasn't hard to find:

<http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/documentation.jsp>

Also, you might look at other XMPP servers:

<http://xmpp.org/software/servers.shtml>

For example, jabberd: <http://jabberd.org/>

Roedy Green

my question is there any pdf , book or documentation in which it
explains the openfire features,flow , components.....etc

there were linked from the entry I gave you earlier.
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jabber.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals."
~ Ogonyok Magazine 1979.

ahmed232420081234

Hi Roedy Green,
Hi John B. Matthews,

Thanks alot for both your replys.

I have checked the link you have mentioned but all of them are
redirecting me to the main site : http://www.igniterealtime.org

in this site there are documentation related to installation set up ,
protocol support .... etc .. however am looking for something related
to the features,flow , components.....etc ( i have already mentioned
this point in the previous reply)....

John B. Matthews

[...]
I have checked the link you have mentioned, but all of them are
redirecting me to the main site: http://www.igniterealtime.org

I am unable to reproduce this.
n this site there are document related to installation, set
up, protocol support, etc. However, am looking for something
related to the features, flow, components, etc. I have already
mentioned this point in the previous reply.

Are you able to access this link?

<http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/documentation.jsp>

It offers links to these developer documents:

Developer Documentation:
• JavaDocs - Openfire API documentation.
• Building the Source - Instructions for downloading and compiling the
Openfire source code.
• Protocol Support - Provides details on the XMPP support and JEPs that
Openfire implements.
• Plugin Developer Guide - A guide to writing and installing plugins for
Openfire.
• Translator Guide - Information for those interested in translating the
admin console of Openfire into other languages.
• Database Schema Guide - A tour of the Openfire database schema for
developers and database administrators.

Have you found anything else of interest in your own searches?

John B. Matthews

ahmed232420081234 said:

Looks pretty comprehensive to me.
but as i have already mentioned am looking for something related to
openfire overview, structure, components, features, flow.

You might look here, too:

Any reply? Any suggestion?

Nope. Did you ever checkout the free sample pages of that "Openfire
Administration" book by Sharma? It might be worth it.