    thanks.

    Regards,
    Simon

    simon lee, Dec 3, 2003

  2. simon lee

    lallous Guest

    Hello,

    Use javascript and the window.open() method.

    Example:
    window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/', 'windowName', 'scrollbars=no');

    Regards,
    Elias
    "simon lee" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have a html code like

    > Although the file "product.html" can be opened at the new page, but with
    > scrollbar, menu, location, and so on, please help me to write the

    javascript

    lallous, Dec 3, 2003

  3. simon lee

    DU Guest

    lallous wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Use javascript and the window.open() method.
    >
    > Example:
    > window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/', 'windowName', 'scrollbars=no');
    >
    > Regards,
    > Elias

    This will not work reliably in Opera 7.x and Mozilla 1.3+ since users
    have the capabilities to impose scrollbars if they are needed. From the
    beginning, it should have been asked why is it important or desirable to
    remove the widget by which an user can notice that there is more content
    than what appears within the rendered area of the window (visual
    notification) and by which an user can reach such content (standard
    browser functionality). It always goes against the webdesigner's own
    best interests to remove scrollbars.

    In many cases, to avoid scrollbars from appearing, one only needs to
    control the margin and padding on the body element and to set the
    overflow to auto for MSIE 5+ for windows. Again, removing scrollbars
    when they are needed, that is when content overflows window dimensions
    goes against sane accessibility to content and standard usability.

    One last thing. As coded, the window.open() call will remove as well the
    window resizability and the statusbar. I do not know a single user who
    believes that a crippled window (no scrollbars, no resizability) like
    that is suitable for surfing.
    What is the purpose of removing the statusbar? The statusbar should be
    the toolbar responsible for relaying to the user genuine reliable
    non-altered browser information about connection, download progress, url
    addresses, http requests, secure connection - SSL icon (padlock)-.
    Removing statusbar or spamming the statusbar with advertisements,
    solliciting is always perceived as excessive force and abusive powers by
    users.

    DU

    DU, Dec 3, 2003
  4. On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:05:46 +0800, "simon lee" <> wrote:

    >I have a html code like

    >Although the file "product.html" can be opened at the new page, but with
    >scrollbar, menu, location, and so on, please help me to write the javascript
    >code or others in order to remove all such features when open this page,
    >thanks.

    Suppose a reader's font-size settings (or whatever) mean that the page
    is larger than the new window. How is he/she supposed to read it if you
    have removed the scroll-bars?

    If you want to people to read your site, leave their scroll-bars alone.

    --
    Stephen Poley

    Stephen Poley, Dec 3, 2003
  5. this site www.javascript.com should have a copy & paste script for what you're