    I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
    The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)

    Nickolai

    Nickolai Leschov, Sep 22, 2008

  2. In article <gb84oj$ju2$>,
    Nickolai Leschov <> wrote:
    >Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

    Apparently, you do.

    >I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
    >The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)

    This newsgroup (comp.lang.c) is also dead, but it continues its ghostly
    existence.

    And that (what I wrote above) is the most helpful answer you'll ever get
    here. Mostly, what you will get is a slew of "you're off topic"
    nonsense.

    Count on it.

    Kenny McCormack, Sep 22, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    >Nickolai Leschov said:
    >
    >> Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

    >Some people are bound to.
    >
    >> I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.

    >If you have C questions, ask them here. If you have Open Watcom questions,

    To the OP: Be aware that the definition of the term "C questions" used
    around here (comp.lang.c) is not like any definition with which you are
    familiar. So, what you, quite natually, think of as a "C question"
    will, almost certainly be rejected here as being "off topic".

    It is a strange world, this newsgroup.

    Kenny McCormack, Sep 22, 2008
  4. Nickolai Leschov

    CBFalconer Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    >> Nickolai Leschov said:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

    >> Some people are bound to.
    >>
    >>> I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get
    >>> to work.

    >> If you have C questions, ask them here. If you have Open Watcom
    >> questions,

    > To the OP: Be aware that the definition of the term "C questions"
    > used around here (comp.lang.c) is not like any definition with
    > which you are familiar. So, what you, quite natually, think of
    > as a "C question" will, almost certainly be rejected here as
    > being "off topic".

    Bear in mind that McCormack is a troll, attempts to promote
    dissension, and thus generally posts worthless commentary. The C
    language is defined by the current (or some obsolete) C standards.
    Anything not covered by those documents is off-topic. Including
    the code for called routines can avoid this.

    Some useful references about C:
    <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Sep 22, 2008
  5. In article <>,
    CBFalconer <> wrote (slightly edited by me):
    >Some useful references about how to deal with the comp.lang.c newsgroup:
    > <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
    > <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    > <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
    > <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    > <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    > <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
    > <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    Yes, those are good - and helpful - although they have little to do with
    the C language (in so far as most people are concerned with the C language).

    Here are some more useful links for dealing with this newsgroup:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    Kenny McCormack, Sep 22, 2008
  6. Nickolai Leschov

    user1 Guest

    Nickolai Leschov wrote:
    > Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?
    >
    > I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
    > The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)
    >
    > Nickolai

    server news.openwatcom.org
    group openwatcom.users.c_cpp

    Keep trying. It is mostly alive, although I have seen the server fail to
    respond on occasion.

    user1, Sep 23, 2008
  7. Nickolai Leschov

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    user1 wrote:
    > Nickolai Leschov wrote:
    >> Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?
    >>
    >> I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
    >> The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)
    >>
    >> Nickolai

    > server news.openwatcom.org
    > group openwatcom.users.c_cpp
    >
    > Keep trying. It is mostly alive, although I have seen the server fail to
    > respond on occasion.

    I have used watcom for the last 10 years, I have not updated
    it though, so mine is still the old commercial version.

    Sjouke Burry, Sep 23, 2008