Open Web Vancouver 2008: A Conference on Open Web Technologies

Mike Cantelon

When: Monday April 14 - Tuesday April 15th 2008

Where: Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre (VCEC), 999 Canada
Place.

What: A conference showcasing open source technologies, communities
and culture. We are featuring talks from all areas of open source
technologies such as PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, XUL, GPL, Linux,
Django, Drupal, HTML, CSS, Javascript and AJAX, XML, Apache, MySQL,
Web 2.0, etc.

Our format delivers an extremely affordable alternative in comparison
to other major conferences. Our community based, volunteer run events
in the past have sold-out, attracting audiences from all over the
world, and have featured the biggest names in PHP and related topics
and technologies.

VCEC is the largest conference facility in downtown Vancouver, located
in the spectacular inner harbour.

The conference will open with a 'keynote' session featuring Tim Bray,
Sun Microsystems, Co-Inventor of XML, and Zak Greant of Mozilla
Foundation and Foo Associates.

A full list of talks is available at: http://www.openwebvancouver.ca/talks

See the talk schedule grid at: http://www.openwebvancouver.ca/schedule

In addition to our three tracks of presentations on both days of the
conference, there will be time allocated for attendees to give short
talks on topics of interest in a 'Lightning Talk' format.

The Open Web is a presentation of the Vancouver PHP Users Association,
a registered non-profit association for the advancement of PHP and the
Open Web.

Registration, Information: http://www.openwebvancouver.ca/