open window problem from flash inside a frame

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Alejandro Vidal, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Hi, I have a curius problem, I hava a flash in a html page. In flash I have
    a button to open a pop up with this code:

    getURL
    ("javascript:void(window.open('http://www.onePage.com','popwindow','status=y
    es,scrollbars=yes,width=800,height=450,resizable=yes'))");

    this works perfect always, but now when the page is inside a frame it
    doesn't work, doing nothing.

    I have tried with:

    window.parent.open
    window.top.open

    calling a function like: "brOpenWindow" declared in the html file

    But nothing works, nevertheless I put the same code in the html file and it
    works, but in Flash no, but in flash without frames yes !!!

    can anybody help me??

    Thanks

    Alejandro Vidal, Mar 24, 2006

  2. Alejandro Vidal wrote:

    > Hi, I have a curius problem, I hava a flash in a html page. In flash I have
    > a button to open a pop up with this code:
    >
    > getURL
    > ("javascript:void(window.open('http://www.onePage.com','popwindow','status=y
    > es,scrollbars=yes,width=800,height=450,resizable=yes'))");
    >
    > this works perfect always, but now when the page is inside a frame it
    > doesn't work, doing nothing.

    Well, I tried and it works.

    > I have tried with:
    >
    > window.parent.open
    > window.top.open

    No need for that. As I said, it should open from the GetURL.
    Perhaps it's something wrong in your frameset?

    Riccardo from Castle, Mar 25, 2006