open window, what am I missing

Guest

I know this is a dead horse I'm beating but why is it so impossible to ask
for functionality in the HTML tag to open a window/page more controllable?
why is:
can't be:
or %" target="_blank">click here</a>

then what about in the code behind using:
response.redirect("somepage.aspx?value1=xyz", "width=500", "height=500")

to better control browser window opening, etc. Why is this asking for too
much?

I have a button that I add form the code behind the attributes.add function
for a JavaScript 'window.showModalDialog' but I also need to add some more
code (save data) before the opening of the new window. How can I do this once
the button is click and the 'on_click' fires, the window is opened.

using in code behind:
btnxyz.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"window.showModalDialog('page.aspx','dialogWidth:500px; scroll:no; help:0;
resizable:no; center:yes; edge:sunken; status:no')")

Can I turn on the AutoPostBack to "Submit" the form then will the
"On_Click"fire?

Sorry if so confusing. Thanx.

Rob T

I usually just do a quick javascript to open a window..something like this:

response.write ("<script
language=javascript>window.open('mypage.aspx?parm1=hello', '_blank',
'height=250,width=500,titlebar=yes,top=75,left=125,scrollbars=no,status=no,resizable=yes');</script>")

Most likelyit not the answer you want, but it works for most cases If you
wanted to be picky, you could register the script instead of just
response.write-ing it.

Guest

Thanx, I'm using that now but was hoping someday to get more control
programmically over the opening process. Not to mention the growing "pop-up"
disable issues and the new standards for making pop-ups less accepted and
allowed.
I also need to make some data base calls and saves prior to the button's
open method. That I'm still playing around with and need help on.