Open/write and read serial port (COM1) on iPAQ 2210

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Shadowdancer, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Shadowdancer

    Shadowdancer Guest

    Hi Folks

    I try to open the serial port on my iPAQ. My IDE is the VB.Net
    Professional Edition (so handheld device programming should be no problem).

    But .. (there is always a "but") I can't find any examples for this issue.
    No sample code on the Net, no hints, just nothing. Quite annoying by the way
    ;

    Maybe anyone of you can help me out. What I need is a sample code,
    handheld compartible, opening the COM1, writing something to it and reading
    from it.

    I hope I made my problem clear for you. If not, please ask! Regard
    that my native language is German so please forgive me typos

    Have a great
    day

    Florian

    Shadowdancer, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Shadowdancer

    JuanDG Guest

    hey you should try the compactframework newsgroup,
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

    they can help with all that hardware stuff.

    we just deal with simple asp.net application that run on simple mobile
    browser, no hardware interaction!!!!

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.

    Microsoft Certified Professional