open writer document not in the browser

Sibou51

Hello everybody,

I want to developp a intern tool for my compagny. This tool is a web
page in HTML (html document) and I have a problem with because I'm not
able to open a
document writer Open Office ( or a winword document) with write
access. The link :

open my document in a browser and I don't have the write access. It is
possible to open my document in the application associcated.
In my case, I want that it's Openoffice open my file.

Do you konw the property of <a href> that I supposed to use or the
method to realize this??

Do you have a alternate method to accomplish this??

Enven if the solution is not in html, I'm open to..

thanks

Jim Higson

Sibou51 said:
Hello everybody,

I want to developp a intern tool for my compagny. This tool is a web
page in HTML (html document) and I have a problem with because I'm not
able to open a
document writer Open Office ( or a winword document) with write
access. The link :

open my document in a browser and I don't have the write access. It is
possible to open my document in the application associcated.
In my case, I want that it's Openoffice open my file.

How does the browser open a ODF document? I know Konqueror can do this, but
you seem to be on Windows (backslashes in the path) so I'll rule that out
for now.
Do you konw the property of <a href> that I supposed to use or the
method to realize this??

There isn't really one.
HTML isn't really designed to be used like this. It is a document format,
not an application launcher format.
Do you have a alternate method to accomplish this??

If the document is on the user's local machine, why do they need HTML to be
able to edit it anyway?

However, if you want to limit the user to IE only, I suppose you might be
able to give a link to the dir the document's in, and they could probably
use it as usual then. I can't test this since I don't have a Windows box
but might work.