open writer document not in the browser

Sibou51

Hello everybody,

I want to developp a intern tool for my compagny. Thos tool is a web
page in HTML and I have a problem with because I'm not able to open a
document writer
Open Office ( or a winword document) with write access. The link :

open my document in a browser and I don't have the write access. It is
possible to open my document in the application associcated.
In my case, I want that it's Openoffice open my file.

Do you konw the property of <a href> that I supposed to use or the
method to realize this??

Do you have a alternate method to accomplish this??

Enven if the solution is not in html, I'm open to..

thanks

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sibou51 said:
I want to developp a intern tool for my compagny. Thos tool is a web
page in HTML

It is an HTML document.
and I have a problem with because I'm not able to open a document writer
Open Office ( or a winword document) with write access. The link :

is not Valid. The value of the `href' attribute must be an URI.

open my document in a browser

That is done by a plugin for the browser and not supported natively.
and I don't have the write access.

Apparently it is a _viewer_ plugin.
It is possible to open my document in the application associcated.
In my case, I want that it's Openoffice open my file.

So you have to configure the target machine's browser this way.
Do you konw the property of <a href> that I supposed to use or the
method to realize this??

There is none, of course.
Do you have a alternate method to accomplish this??

You will have to script the plugin, if it provides an API, or OpenOffice
itself instead. Since you appear to work with Microsoft Windows, there
is the possibility of using a COM object provided by OpenOffice. See the
OO documentation for further information.
Enven if the solution is not in html, I'm open to..

This is a newsgroup dealing with ECMAScript implementations, such a
Netscape JavaScript, not HTML (primarily).

PointedEars