    uninitialized constant fcntl::F_SETFD. why??? please note that I am working
    on windows.
    Thank in advance

    Hanan Mneimneh, Mar 8, 2007

  2. Hanan Mneimneh

    Tim Pease Guest

    On 3/8/07, Hanan Mneimneh <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I installed open4, but when i tried samples I got the following error:
    > uninitialized constant fcntl::F_SETFD. why??? please note that I am working
    > on windows.
    > Thank in advance

    open4 will not work on Windows -- it is a Unix only library.For
    Windows there is popen4.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/popen4/

    It does the same thing ... but for Windows. Be forewarned that the
    possibility of blocking the program on a full pipe is very possible on
    the Windows platform. Ara and Tom Pollard had a good discussion about
    this last Thanksgiving.

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/9379

    Blessings,
    TwP
    Tim Pease, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Hanan Mneimneh

    Guest

    On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Tim Pease wrote:

    > On 3/8/07, Hanan Mneimneh <> wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I installed open4, but when i tried samples I got the following error:
    >> uninitialized constant fcntl::F_SETFD. why??? please note that I am
    >> working
    >> on windows.
    >> Thank in advance
    >>

    > open4 will not work on Windows -- it is a Unix only library.For
    > Windows there is popen4.
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/popen4/
    >
    > It does the same thing ... but for Windows. Be forewarned that the
    > possibility of blocking the program on a full pipe is very possible on
    > the Windows platform. Ara and Tom Pollard had a good discussion about
    > this last Thanksgiving.
    >
    > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/9379

    right, and the problem remains. try

    gem install systemu