OpenBSD, Packet filter and Apache Tomcat

Archevis

I'm trying to set up a standalone Tomcat server behind an OpenBSD
packet filter. I need to use NAT and redirect to the proper server. By
default Tomcat runs on port 8080 avoiding the need to run as root on
protected port 80. So obviously I'd like to redirect incoming requests
on firewall port 80 to Tomcat server port 8080, but there's no
response. However, if I run Tomcat (as root) on port 80, and redirect
properly in pf.conf all works swell. So it would appear as the problem
oddly enough is related to redirection of... port number?

The (possibly) relevant extracts from pf.conf:

scrub in all
nat on xl0 from rl0 to any -> xl0
rdr on xl0 inet proto tcp from any to xl0 port 80 -> 192.168.0.10 port
8080
block in on xl0 all
pass in on xl0 inet proto tcp from any to any port 80 flags S/SA keep
state

Anyone have any idea why this setup would work with port 80 but not
8080 in line 3 above?