opendchub script problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Raidenji, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Raidenji

    Raidenji Guest

    is there a way to hide user input in a script for opendchub?

    the command is just like the me command in IRC.

    but i want to be able to only show the output.

    here is the code i'm using

    } elsif ($command[1] =~ /^[\+-\/]me/i) {

    ($cmd) = ($command[1] =~ /^[\+-\/]me(.*)$/);

    &sendmessage($user,$touser,$type,"<*> $user$cmd $command[-1]");

    }

    thanks.

    Raidenji
    Raidenji, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Raidenji

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Raidenji <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > is there a way to hide user input in a script for opendchub?

    [...]

    What do you mean when you say "hide user input"?

    If you want the user to be able to type input without a terminal
    echo, you may have a Perl question, and "perldoc -q password" may
    answer it.

    If the problem is that opendchup echoes back the user input, that has
    nothing to do with Perl. You should ask the author(s), after having
    studied the supplied documentation.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Oct 29, 2003