opendir()

Andrew

I'm trying to learn how to use the opendir() function with perl, and each
time I try to run my perl script I keep getting "Permission denied".

Here is the script:

open (DIR, "c:\\Temp\\Directory1") or die "Can't open the directory. $! \n";

while (defined ($filename = readdir(DIR)) ) {
open (INPUT, "<c:\\Temp\\directory1\\".$filename) or die "Can't open the
file $filename\n";
until (eof(INPUT)) {
chomp($line = <INPUT>);
print "$line\n";
closedir(DIR);

and the results that I am getting is:
Can't open the directory. Permission denied.

The OS that I am using is WinXP Pro and I'm logged on as the Administrator.

Any thoughts?

Andrew.

Jürgen Exner

Andrew said:
I'm trying to learn how to use the opendir() function with perl, and each
time I try to run my perl script I keep getting "Permission denied".

Here is the script:

open (DIR, "c:\\Temp\\Directory1") or die "Can't open the directory. $!
\n";

Why are you using "open()" when you try ot learn about "opendir()"?

[...]
and the results that I am getting is:
Can't open the directory. Permission denied.

jue

John Bokma

Jürgen Exner said:
\n";

Why are you using "open()" when you try ot learn about "opendir()"?

LOL :)

Also study the File::Find module in case you want to process files
recursively in directories.