OpenGL 2.1 API xml crap ? :(

Richard Tobin

Wolfgang Draxinger said:
P.S.: The attitude you're demonstrating through the way you're posting into
Usenet and how you disregard the help people are trying to give you here and
in this case also advice on standard technologies one must know today, you
realize that no employer of the IT and computer graphics buissnes in the
whole world will give you a job? You may think that you're anonymous, but
that's not true: With every message you post, you tell us, that you live
somewhere in the netherlands. With every message you give a sample of your
writing profile (choice of words, grammatical structure, preferred idioms).

You're wasting your time, as a quick scan of his posts in other groups
will make clear.

-- Richard

Skybuck Flying

Jonathan N. Little said:

Hmm interesting, it shows up as:

"
If the current matrix is C and the coordinates to be transformed are
v=v?0v?1v?2v?3, then the current transformation is C×v, or
c?0c?4c?8c?12c?1c?5c?9c?13c?2c?6c?10c?14c?3c?7c?11c?15×v?0v?1v?2v?3
Calling glMultMatrix with an argument of m=m?0m?1...m?15 replaces the
current transformation with C×M×v, or
c?0c?4c?8c?12c?1c?5c?9c?13c?2c?6c?10c?14c?3c?7c?11c?15×m?0m?4m?8m?12m?1m?5m?9m?13m?2m?6m?10m?14m?3m?7m?11m?15×v?0v?1v?2v?3
Where v is represented as a 4×1 matrix.
"

I have a feeling that if I install "MSXML 3.0 SP10 from Microsoft
Corporation" then the files will still not work offline...

Just the formula's might work... ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

No I just dont wanna go with the month of the flavor when it comes to
webbrowsers + the added security risks.

Today it's Firefox, tomorrow it's Chrome...

I'll bet it won't even work with FireFox or Chrome offline...

I have IE8 so why don't they make it work with IE8, seems to me they don't
want the files to work offline so everybody goes buy the book, which would
be pretty cumbersome and useless in practice ! ;) :)

All wolfgang is doing is bitching about me ! HAHA Your poor soul !

The problem with wolfgang is he believes CG is useless, I think that's a
great insult to people using CG... CG has clear adventages compared to GLSL,
to name one assembly insight ! Which anybody with a manual can understand
just fine... then he goes on bitching about how GLSL might display assembly
as well ? Though it seems not possible and then he goes on explaining how I
wouldn't understand it... wow such aggorance and an unwarrented
discrimination of another opengl-compatible-technology earned him a ban from
me ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Foots

Skybuck Flying said:
Hmm interesting, it shows up as:

"
If the current matrix is C and the coordinates to be transformed are
v=v?0v?1v?2v?3, then the current transformation is C×v, or
c?0c?4c?8c?12c?1c?5c?9c?13c?2c?6c?10c?14c?3c?7c?11c?15×v?0v?1v?2v?3
Calling glMultMatrix with an argument of m=m?0m?1...m?15 replaces the
current transformation with C×M×v, or
c?0c?4c?8c?12c?1c?5c?9c?13c?2c?6c?10c?14c?3c?7c?11c?15×m?0m?4m?8m?12m?1m?5m?9m?13m?2m?6m?10m?14m?3m?7m?11m?15×v?0v?1v?2v?3
Where v is represented as a 4×1 matrix.
"

I have a feeling that if I install "MSXML 3.0 SP10 from Microsoft
Corporation" then the files will still not work offline...

Just the formula's might work... ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

OK I had a look at this. I can see the matrices if I enable the ActiveX
plugin.
But if I save the xml from the file menu, then load the file back in to
explorer it says:
"
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource
'xhtml1-transitional.dtd'. Error processing res...
"xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
"

Jonathan N. Little

Foots said:
OK I had a look at this. I can see the matrices if I enable the ActiveX
plugin.
But if I save the xml from the file menu, then load the file back in to
explorer it says:
"
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource
'xhtml1-transitional.dtd'. Error processing res...
"xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
"

Which *will work* with no problem if one uses a browser that *actually*
parses xml! Been said more than once, but unfortunately OP refuses to
receive. So be it...

Skybuck Flying

Jonathan N. Little said:
Which *will work* with no problem if one uses a browser that *actually*
parses xml! Been said more than once, but unfortunately OP refuses to
receive. So be it...

IE parses XML it will show an XML page as a clickable record/tree structure
with plusses and minusses.

I suspect something else is going on here...

Apperently there is a different technology called XHTML ?!

Maybe IE can't handle XHTML (?), this has not been explained by anybody so
far and I am the first to notice it ! ;) :) :p

I like to understand what the problem is first, before I simply switch to
something that somehow works ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Skybuck Flying said:
IE parses XML it will show an XML page as a clickable record/tree
structure with plusses and minusses.

I suspect something else is going on here...

Apperently there is a different technology called XHTML ?!

Maybe IE can't handle XHTML (?), this has not been explained by anybody so
far and I am the first to notice it ! ;) :) :p

I like to understand what the problem is first, before I simply switch to
something that somehow works ! ;) :)

And even this story of myself doesn't make that much sense, since IE8 works
after all online, but not offline...

Maybe it's just an offline bug, or maybe something else is the problem ?! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Foots said:
OK I had a look at this. I can see the matrices if I enable the ActiveX
plugin.
But if I save the xml from the file menu, then load the file back in to
explorer it says:
"
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource
'xhtml1-transitional.dtd'. Error processing res...
"xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
"

XHTML standard:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

It seems it's referring to some DTD file, which might be missing on my local
copy...

MAybe the download tool doesn't recgonized XHTML and therefore doesn't
download the page properly ! ;)

File which might be missing locally: "xhtml1-transitional.dtd"

If true then switching to firefox wouldn't have worked ! ;)

Also it's surprising that you did the manual test, I did a tool test...
apperently both failed, which could mean IE8 doesn't save the page
properly... or maybe DTD file is unaccesible on the server.

Only question remaining is if FireFox would be able to download the page
properly...

Somebody wanna try it with FireFox ? ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Well I tried downloading the dtd's from this website/archive:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

And extracting the dtd's into the xml folder:

The result/error message now changes:

"
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

System error: -2146697211.
"

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

What a joke !

The OpenGL documentation is a joke ! ;) :)

For such a simple website it doesn't need XHTML at all !

My website used samiliar layout and was very easily done using HTML only and
even displays just fine on Windows 95 ! ;)

The same can be said for the JAVA DOCUMENTATION which I borrowed the
idea/layout from ! <GJE> ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

The Magpie

That doesn't make sense, since it works online, and doesn't work offline...
so no I don't need extra software ! ;)
The message - *YOUR* *MESSAGE* - that I replied to was one complaining
that *YOUR* browser had asked *YOU* to upgrade by downloading the
Microsoft XML patch ActiveX.

What the **** do you think that is if not software? Magic dust???

Will you for crying out loud GET A DAMN LIFE and either use something
appropriate to read the thing or just shut the **** up!

Sorry to everyone else, but this moron is pissing me off.

Skybuck Flying

Nono,

If it's not standard in IE8 then there must be something wrong with it ! ;)

I don't wanna put my computer at risk ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck :p* =D

Doug Miller

Will you for crying out loud GET A DAMN LIFE and either use something
appropriate to read the thing or just shut the **** up!

Sorry to everyone else, but this moron is pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

So killfile him already. I did, several days ago, when it became obvious that
he's not capable of understanding the nature of his problems.

Jonathan N. Little

Ed said:
Yes, but the locally-saved XML file diesplays just fine in any
Mozilla-based browser.

Doesn't matter, OP has already been told, several times. It problem is
in the browser that he is using, and in himself (he has proclaimed his
world flat and will not budge an inch for fear of finding the edge)

Matěj Cepl

Dne 14.2.2010 18:13, Skybuck Flying napsal(a):
What's wrong with HTML for godssakes ?! ;) :)

It cannot display well mathematical formulas.

Matěj

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
-- Andrew Lang