Opening a Asp.net web application...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by srik, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. srik

    srik Guest

    Dear All,

    I created a simple ASP.net web application on my desktop system, which
    has Windows XP as the Operating system.

    I then moved the ASP.net application to my server which has Windows
    Server 2003 as the Operating system.

    Now when I try to open the same application it gives and error

    "Visual Studio.net cannot create or open the application. The likewise
    problem is that requiered components are not installed on the local web
    server. Run Viusal Studio .net set up and add Web Developemnt
    components".

    I have reinstalled the IIS and then the .net frame work and also the
    Visual studio.net 2003 twice still no luck.
    Any assistance will be appreciate.

    --Srik
    srik, Feb 1, 2005

  2. srik

    DalePres Guest

    Make sure that the folder is set as an IIS Application and then try opening
    the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322> and running
    ASPNET_REGIIS /i

    DalePres

    DalePres, Feb 1, 2005

  3. srik