opening a link in new window

Randy Webb

zach said:
Okay this is kind of an update/revision of what I posted before. My
problem was that when I click on a picture that is supposed to open in
a new window it never does. I tried downloading a newer version of
Explorer (IE6) but that did not help. I turned my pop-up software OFF
so that would not interfere. When I click on the picture the bottom
left of my screen has the little explorer icon and says javascript:
abrir ventana('19710') the numbers vary from pic to pic and the "abrir
ventana" for "open window" is in spanish because the site has a
spanish counterpart. This website worked for me on another computer
with XP but does not work with my windows ME. Could this be the
problem? Is there a way to fix this without upgrading to a different
version of Windows? Thanks for any help you can give me

If you are seeing that in the status bar, it means the link is written
like so:

And if clicking on it does nothing (you should get a new page), then it
indicates that you have javascript disabled. Try re-enabling. If its
enabled, disable it, close IE, reopen it and re-enable it. Otherwise,
contact MS about whats wrong.

zach