Opening a Page in a New browser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Sumaira Ahmad, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I would like to know if this is possible and how?? Please help..
    I have an ASP.NET Web application..
    In an aspx page within the application I have a hyperlink whose
    NavigateUrl property is set to some other aspx page such as
    NewPage.aspx.. When i click on that hyperlink it takes me to the
    NewPage.aspx on the same browser. However is it possible to open that
    new page in a new browser instead of the same one??

    For instance I was following the DIME attachment example from
    http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/090804-1.aspx by Scott
    Mitchell

    and was curious to know if

    Hyperlink.NavigateUrl =
    "http://localhost/DIMEExampleCSharp/LatestPDF.pdf";
    will open up a new browser and show the PDF file in the new browser.

    This obviously is a very generic question and would hence apply to any
    ASP Web application.

    Please, any help will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Sumaira

    Sumaira Ahmad, Nov 4, 2004