Opening a Page in a New browser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sumaira Ahmad, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I would like to know if this is possible and how?? Please help..
    I have an ASP.NET Web application..
    In an aspx page within the application I have a hyperlink whose
    NavigateUrl property is set to some other aspx page such as
    NewPage.aspx.. When i click on that hyperlink it takes me to the
    NewPage.aspx on the same browser. However is it possible to open that
    new page in a new browser instead of the same one??

    For instance I was following the DIME attachment example from
    http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/090804-1.aspx by Scott
    Mitchell

    and was curious to know if

    Hyperlink.NavigateUrl =
    "http://localhost/DIMEExampleCSharp/LatestPDF.pdf";
    will open up a new browser and show the PDF file in the new browser.

    This obviously is a very generic question and would hence apply to any
    ASP Web application.

    Please, any help will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Sumaira
    Sumaira Ahmad, Nov 4, 2004

  2. You can oopen any page in a new browser instance, by setting the "target"
    attribute of a hyperlink to "_blank" or by using the JavaScript
    window.open() method.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer