    Or at least somthing closely resembling this sequence of events to let
    users on "dialup's" the something is going on and to be patient.

    Lisa
    Lisa, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Lisa wrote:

    > I have a script thru which a user from the web can up load an image
    > file. I would like, when the user clicks the "Send Image" button, to
    > pop up a small window containing an animated working (please be
    > patient) .gif while the image is uploaded from thier computer to the
    > server, once the transfer is complete, I would like to close the pop up
    > window and then load the new page in the original window.

    Based on your description, I'm assuming that when you say "I have a
    script", you're talking about a Perl script that's called as a CGI to
    handle the form submission from the browser.

    That being the case, your Perl script won't be called at all until the
    upload is finished, at which point its too late to do something like
    what you're describing here.

    There might be some JavaScript or other client-side haquery you could
    use, but that's a question for another group.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    Thank you. I will look elsewhere for the answer.

    Lisa
    Lisa, Dec 14, 2004