opening a temp window from a perl script?

Lisa

How can I do the following?

I have a script thru which a user from the web can up load an image
file. I would like, when the user clicks the "Send Image" button, to
pop up a small window containing an animated working (please be
patient) .gif while the image is uploaded from thier computer to the
server, once the transfer is complete, I would like to close the pop up
window and then load the new page in the original window.

Or at least somthing closely resembling this sequence of events to let
users on "dialup's" the something is going on and to be patient.

Lisa

Sherm Pendley

Lisa said:
I have a script thru which a user from the web can up load an image
file. I would like, when the user clicks the "Send Image" button, to
pop up a small window containing an animated working (please be
patient) .gif while the image is uploaded from thier computer to the
server, once the transfer is complete, I would like to close the pop up
window and then load the new page in the original window.

Based on your description, I'm assuming that when you say "I have a
script", you're talking about a Perl script that's called as a CGI to
handle the form submission from the browser.

That being the case, your Perl script won't be called at all until the
upload is finished, at which point its too late to do something like
what you're describing here.

There might be some JavaScript or other client-side haquery you could
use, but that's a question for another group.

sherm--