Opening a txt file to view ( i.e. readme.txt)

Sameen

I am writing a program in Visual C++ 6.0. It has a GUI with a bunch of
buttons. I want to be able to allow the user to view a txt version of a
readme of help file to provide information on the functions of the
buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
file for viewing.

Is there anyway I can do this using C++?

msalters

Sameen schreef:
I am writing a program in Visual C++ 6.0. It has a GUI with a bunch of
buttons. I want to be able to allow the user to view a txt version of a
readme of help file to provide information on the functions of the
buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
file for viewing.

Is there anyway I can do this using C++?

Yes. The GUI parts should be done with your GUI libs (MFC or plain
windows) but the file part is standard C++.

HTH,
Michiel Salters

Victor Bazarov

Sameen said:
I am writing a program in Visual C++ 6.0. It has a GUI with a bunch of
buttons. I want to be able to allow the user to view a txt version of a
readme of help file to provide information on the functions of the
buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
file for viewing.

Is there anyway I can do this using C++?

Yes and no. You cannot do it using only the _standard_ C++ means. You
should be able to write a C++ program that would use Windows API to do
what you want, but it's OT in this newsgroup. Try a newsgroup with the
'windows' in its name.