    buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
    file for viewing.

    Is there anyway I can do this using C++?
    Sameen, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Sameen

    msalters Guest

    Re: Opening a txt file to view ( i.e. readme.txt)

    Sameen schreef:

    > I am writing a program in Visual C++ 6.0. It has a GUI with a bunch of
    > buttons. I want to be able to allow the user to view a txt version of a
    > readme of help file to provide information on the functions of the
    > buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
    > file for viewing.
    >
    > Is there anyway I can do this using C++?

    Yes. The GUI parts should be done with your GUI libs (MFC or plain
    windows) but the file part is standard C++.

    HTH,
    Michiel Salters
    msalters, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Sameen wrote:
    > I am writing a program in Visual C++ 6.0. It has a GUI with a bunch of
    > buttons. I want to be able to allow the user to view a txt version of a
    > readme of help file to provide information on the functions of the
    > buttons. I want have a menu option on the main menu to open this text
    > file for viewing.
    >
    > Is there anyway I can do this using C++?

    Yes and no. You cannot do it using only the _standard_ C++ means. You
    should be able to write a C++ program that would use Windows API to do
    what you want, but it's OT in this newsgroup. Try a newsgroup with the
    'windows' in its name.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 29, 2005