Opening a webpage based on...

W.R

Hello All

I am working on my first website and learning as I go.
I would like to be able to allow the surfer to enter
a name - and then from that entered field, pull up the
appropriate page. I am hoping someone can help me.

Example:

Surfer enters - Fred Flintstone and presses enter - and
the next page that comes up is about Fred...

Looking forward to your assistance.

Wayne

dorayme

"W.R said:
Hello All

I am working on my first website and learning as I go.
I would like to be able to allow the surfer to enter
a name - and then from that entered field, pull up the
appropriate page. I am hoping someone can help me.

Example:

Surfer enters - Fred Flintstone and presses enter - and
the next page that comes up is about Fred...

Put a Google search box on your page.

Travis Newbury

Surfer enters - Fred Flintstone and presses enter - and
the next page that comes up is about Fred...

Ok, does the visitor KNOW to enter the name Fred? Or are they able to
enter any name they want? For example what would happen if I went to
your site and entered the name "Pete Lagooty" How would you know
anything to put a page up with information about Pete?

So, if the visitor HAS TO enter a name that you have predefined, then
why not just display the name and make it a link to go to the new
page?

W.R

Travis

Quite a logical and valid question... Why not just create
a list and have the surfer select a name. I am hoping that
the list will be quite long... making it a cumbersome list.

However, if I have them type in a name either Fred or as you suggested Pete
Lagooty... it makes less cumbersome.

Of course, I will probably have to a page for invalid enteries... letting
the surfer know that name is not identified as a valid entry.

Wayne