    the next page that comes up is about Fred...

    Looking forward to your assistance.

    Wayne
    W.R, May 8, 2008

  2. W.R

    dorayme Guest

    In article <qesUj.5560$>,
    "W.R" <> wrote:

    > Hello All
    >
    > I am working on my first website and learning as I go.
    > I would like to be able to allow the surfer to enter
    > a name - and then from that entered field, pull up the
    > appropriate page. I am hoping someone can help me.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > Surfer enters - Fred Flintstone and presses enter - and
    > the next page that comes up is about Fred...

    Put a Google search box on your page.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 8, 2008

  3. W.R

    W.R Guest

    No, I have not used them. So something else to learn I guess.

    "Neredbojias" <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/fliam.php> wrote in
    message news:Xns9A97EADB77EDAneredbojiasnano@194.177.96.78...

    W.R, May 8, 2008
  4. On May 7, 8:58 pm, "W.R" <> wrote:
    > Surfer enters - Fred Flintstone and presses enter - and
    > the next page that comes up is about Fred...

    Ok, does the visitor KNOW to enter the name Fred? Or are they able to
    enter any name they want? For example what would happen if I went to
    your site and entered the name "Pete Lagooty" How would you know
    anything to put a page up with information about Pete?

    So, if the visitor HAS TO enter a name that you have predefined, then
    why not just display the name and make it a link to go to the new
    page?
    Travis Newbury, May 8, 2008
  5. W.R

    W.R Guest

    Travis

    Quite a logical and valid question... Why not just create
    a list and have the surfer select a name. I am hoping that
    the list will be quite long... making it a cumbersome list.

    However, if I have them type in a name either Fred or as you suggested Pete
    Lagooty... it makes less cumbersome.

    Of course, I will probably have to a page for invalid enteries... letting
    the surfer know that name is not identified as a valid entry.

    Wayne

    W.R, May 9, 2008