    What can I do? The error page suggests setting the correct security for the
    file. What file? It is failing before even trying to open any file.

    If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Aug 20, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have been having a very difficult time trying to open a word
    > document in ASP.NET.

    Are you using the Office Interops?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Yes, I believe so....I added the COM reference for the Word 11.0 object
    library. Is this what you are referring to?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Aug 20, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <> wrote in

    > Yes, I believe so....I added the COM reference for the Word 11.0 object
    > library. Is this what you are referring to?

    No. Microsoft has a set of pre-built interops that may function a bit
    better than directly referecing the COM object:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/dv_wrcore/html/wrrefofficeprimaryinteropassemblies.asp

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 20, 2004
  5. I'll look at that...Thanks Lucas.