opening and saving word documents in asp.net

Guest

I have been having a very difficult time trying to open a word document in
ASP.NET.

I have searched here and Google, with no success in finding answers to my
problems. Although many articles say how easy it is, I cannot get it to work.

My problem appears, at this point, to be that I keep getting an "Access
Denied" message when I try to instantiate a new Word.ApplicationClass object.

What can I do? The error page suggests setting the correct security for the
file. What file? It is failing before even trying to open any file.

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.

Guest

Yes, I believe so....I added the COM reference for the Word 11.0 object
library. Is this what you are referring to?