Opening and writing to client side applications (notepad.exe)

connor_a

Hi everyone,

I want the user to be able to click a button on my website that
creates a new text file, writes to it and then runs notepad to display
the text file.

How can this be coded on the client side? Works fine but only on
server side at the moment. ;-)

Thanks for any assistance.

bruce barker

a browser will not support this. you will need to write an active/x
control for IE and a plugin for everything else.

the best you can do with server only code is to download the text as an
attachment. the user can then save and open it themselves.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

connor_a

a browser will not support this. you will need to write an active/x
control for IE and a plugin for everything else.

the best you can do with server only code is to download the text as an
attachment. the user can then save and open it themselves.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Thanks Bruce for the reply ..I circumvented problem by using a windows
textbox and displaying the output in that.

Thanks.