opening another window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JohnE, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    I have a masterpage with nested masterpage as my opening page. In the
    masterpage there is a row of linkbuttons to open webapps that have, are, and
    will be soon available following development. The linkbuttons open another
    browser window, just as needed. Below is one of the linkbuttons from the
    aspx.

    <asp:LinkButton ID="lbtnProteus" runat="server" CommandName="Proteus"

    OnClientClick="window.open('../Proteus/ProteusStartPage.aspx','_blank');return false;">Proteus</asp:LinkButton>

    What I am looking at is if following '_blank' I add 'menu=no' or
    'toolbars=no' the window opens (smaller in width) with just the application
    in it, which is what is needed. But it is fixed at the top and bottom of the
    screen with sizing not available. If I add in the height and width, it seems
    to have no affect, same size window opens.

    Can someone take a look at the linkbutton line above and see if I am missing
    something that is not allowing any further designing of the open window?

    Thanks.
    John
    JohnE, Jan 9, 2010

  2. JohnE