opening asp file and loading certain text into a form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andie, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Andie

    Andie Guest

    Hello.

    Can anyone help me with the following.

    I have a config.asp file with contains information like:

    '---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' Is Store Admin installed. (Y/N)
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------
    const StoreAdminInstalled = "y"

    '-- ADDED - Version 1.8 ----------------------------------------------
    ' Put Store in Debug Mode? (Y/N)
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------
    const debugMode = "N"

    '-- ADDED - Version 2.2 ----------------------------------------------
    ' Lock the Database. (Y/N)
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------
    const dbLocked = "N"

    '-- ADDED - Version 2.2 ----------------------------------------------
    ' Additonal login for general non-administrator staff. This login
    ' will NOT allow acces to the setup and configuration utilities.
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------
    const nonAdminUser = ""
    const nonAdminPass = ""

    How can I get an asp script to open the config.asp and list the following in
    a form:

    of course the form will be preformatted containing titles like:

    debugmode
    dblocked
    nonAdminUser
    nonAdminPass

    I would like information currently contained within the "" to be stored in a
    textbox.

    and when I click the update button, have the script either edit the
    config.asp or create a new file and delete the old config.asp and then
    rename the new file.

    can this be done?

    --
    To reply, remove "TRASH" from email address

    Thanks,

    Andie

    Andie, Aug 17, 2003