opening aspx-files in frontpage?

Peter H

Hello everybody,

I have created a webform using ASP.NET/C# as a part of my bachelor
thiesis on the behalf of a Community school.
The form should be used to save course information in a database and
publish this information on a webpage.

My question is now this:
Is it possible for the webmaster of the school to open my aspx-files
in Frontpage 2000, which they are using as editor, and make minor
changes in the layout?
I have tried myself but Frontpage doesn´t seem to be able to handle
the <asp:XXXX> -tags. The layout is not nearby what it´s supposed to
be, and buttons and checkboxes does´t appear at all.

Has anyone some solution to this probelm?

best regards/ Peter

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

While I normally do not suggest jumping on a beta, the Office 2003 beta is a
good program for this. FrontPage 2003 does recognize ASP.NET tags. You can
work with FrontPage 2002, but you will get a lot of FUD in the process.
Nothing is going to be perfect with items that are bound, but FP 2003 will
be a major improvement, if you can swing working with a beta in your
environment.

Peter H

Thanks for your response Gregory.
I´ll try to get my hand of a copy of the FrontPage 2003 and see how it works out.

bets regards/ Peter