Opening C files in Visual C++

chaossliver

I'm a brand new scripter, and as such, I have very poor experience in
coding.

I have been looking around at some open source codes written in pure C
and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that could convert
standard C files into files visible with a Visual C++ editor, such as
Microsoft's program.

--Bryan

Ian Collins

I'm a brand new scripter, and as such, I have very poor experience in
coding.
Please don't send individual posts to multiple groups, cross post a
single message.
I have been looking around at some open source codes written in pure C
and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that could convert
standard C files into files visible with a Visual C++ editor, such as
Microsoft's program.
C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.

Default User

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
editor

The editor that comes with VC++ is a text editor. Have you tried
opening a file?

Brian

Malcolm

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
editor
Go to file, open, and then, if the filter is set to "cpp", set it to "all
files" or "c files".
The file should load and appear.

VC++ is primarily a C++ compiler and some of the IDE functions are built
round the assumption that you will be coding in C++, such as the class view
window. However it is also a perfectly adequate C compiler and you should
have no trouble using it for C.

Mark McIntyre

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
editor

C files are text, so they are visible in ANY editor.

Just open them up in the same way you open any other file in the
visual editor. If you are unsure how to do that, or the idea doen't
make sense to you, I suggest you have more serious problems than just
C.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan