    database and use the asp pages at the same time. Now when the database is
    open the asp pages won't update.

    Any ideas on how to change it back to the way it was?
    Jess, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Jess wrote:
    > Hello,
    > There's an access database on an iisserver and asp makes updates to
    > it. The database got moved to a newer server. The users used to be
    > able to open the database and use the asp pages at the same time.
    > Now when the database is open the asp pages won't update.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to change it back to the way it was?

    Hard to say based on you description of the error messages you receive, but
    I'm betting the problem is lack of permissions.

    In order for Jet to support multi-user activity, all mdb file users must be
    able to create, modify and delet a locking file with an extension of "ldb"
    in the same folder that contains the mdb file. This means that all users
    must be granted Change/Modify filesystem permissions for the folder
    containing the mdb file. If your site uses Anonymous access, then the IUSR,
    and sometimes the IWAM account requires permission. Otherwise, all users
    should be put into a group that has the appropriate permissions.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 11, 2006

  3. Is there an error of some kind? What does it say? What code is erroring?
    Give the symptoms!

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Apr 11, 2006
  4. Jess

    Jess Guest

    "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

    > Is there an error of some kind? What does it say? What code is erroring?
    > Give the symptoms!
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "Jess" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > There's an access database on an iisserver and asp makes updates to it.
    > > The
    > > database got moved to a newer server. The users used to be able to open
    > > the
    > > database and use the asp pages at the same time. Now when the database is
    > > open the asp pages won't update.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how to change it back to the way it was?

    Here's the error

    Error Type:
    Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    Could not use ''; file already in use.
    Jess, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Jess wrote:
    > "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an error of some kind? What does it say? What code is
    >> erroring? Give the symptoms!
    >>

    > Here's the error
    >
    > Error Type:
    > Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    > Could not use ''; file already in use.

    Bingo! I win the bet! It's definitely a permissions issue.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 11, 2006