    to how should I go about doing this.

    Thanks,

    Rohit
    Rohit Gupta, Nov 16, 2007

  2. Rohit Gupta

    Stevo Guest

    Rohit Gupta wrote:
    > I want to open to html links in specific browser (for me it is IE 6)
    > using JavaScript. I could not find any relevant material where I could
    > specify which browser to open it into. Can anyone throw some light as
    > to how should I go about doing this.

    As far as I know, all you can control is whether or not they open in the
    current window, or a new window (popup). Which browser opens depends on
    which one on the user's system is the default for the protocol type
    (e.g. http, https). If a user has Firefox installed, but has IE set to
    the default browser, there's no way you can make Firefox open with a link.
    Stevo, Nov 16, 2007

  3. On Nov 16, 1:17 pm, Rohit Gupta <> wrote:
    > I want to open to html links in specific browser (for me it is IE 6)
    > using JavaScript.

    It isn't possible without something with massive security rights on
    the user's system exposing an interface to JS. (A signed Java Applet
    might do the trick).

    If you really need a page to open in IE6, then that page should be
    fixed so it is standards compatible.

    --
    David Dorward
    http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 16, 2007
  4. Rohit Gupta

    Rohit Gupta Guest

    > As far as I know, all you can control is whether or not they open in the
    > current window, or a new window (popup). Which browser opens depends on
    > which one on the user's system is the default for the protocol type
    > (e.g. http, https). If a user has Firefox installed, but has IE set to
    > the default browser, there's no way you can make Firefox open with a link.

    Ok, thanks for the input.

    Thanks,

    Rohit
    Rohit Gupta, Nov 16, 2007